Perspectives from PatientPoint
The PatientPoint Standard of Service
Over the last few months, PatientPoint has had the honor of working closely with our nearly 80,000 unique healthcare provider customers to protect the health of Americans against COVID-19. We must now work together to create a new normal where staff and patient safety continues to be a priority as we enter a new phase of the COVID-19 pandemic. We also want to help our healthcare provider partners reassure patients that it’s safe to return to “usual” healthcare appointments.
We are committed to helping our healthcare provider partners reach their goals for patient care while delivering excellent service for them and their practices. Our goal is to work side by side our healthcare provider partners to ensure our programs are helping them with their communication efforts. For example, our team of PatientPoint Ambassadors are working closely with our healthcare provider partners to customize their digital screens so that they can communicate any new office procedures or services to patients.
As our team of PatientPoint Ambassadors gradually resume visits to our healthcare provider partner customers, we have implemented the following stringent safety measures for the remainder of 2020 to protect the well-being of office staff and patients. These measures include:
- Call Prior to Visit: We will call physician offices the week before we are in the area. We’re also asking our healthcare provider partners to share their office visit requirements with us. We will accommodate all stated policies to help protect staff and patients.
- Pre-Screening: All PatientPoint Ambassadors will complete a COVID-19 pre-screening checklist before entering a healthcare provider office. They will also follow any of the practices’ pre-screening requirements upon request.
- Face Masks: Cloth face masks will be required at all times for PatientPoint Ambassadors while in a healthcare provider office.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing measures of at least 6 feet will be maintained to the best of our ability.
- Clean and Disinfect: Ambassadors will clean and disinfect all devices they touch before leaving an office.
We will continue to monitor this situation and evaluate safety measures for office visits in 2021.
More than ever, PatientPoint programs are helping our healthcare provider partners keep their patients informed and confident in practices’ new normal for office visits.